27.1.11

I Kid, I Kid!

We're having some great dinner conversations. Tonight, we wondered about the image of the scary German Shepherd that's being used to promote Jay Z's memoir. It seems a bit prejudiced against the breed. On the other hand, MJ says, the breed was used by police for intimidation and persecution in the South and eastern Europe.

Can't deny that. The breed has an image problem.

Plus, Nike keeps trying to eat the UPS guy.

One day, he says to me, as he stretches out on the carpet in my office, I will get him. Doesn't he wear a brown shirt?

Not the same thing, I tell him. The rule is, no biting.

My warning isn't really necesssary. Nike's most intense longings involve mainly cheese and peanut butter. He is truly half Snoopy, half Triumph, the Insult-Comic Dog. He is not so much dangerous he is simply undermining.

I kid, I kid, he says. I come from love.